Language:enesfrru
El Badi Palace (Arabic: قصر البديع‎ - meaning The incomparable palace) is located in Marrakech, Morocco, and these days it consists of the remnants of a palace commissioned by the Saadian Sultan Ahmad al-Mansur in 1578. The building of the palace was financed by a ransom paid by Portugal after the Battle of Three Kings.

The original building is thought to have consisted of 360 rooms, a courtyard of 135 m by 110 m and a pool of 90 m by 20 m, richly decorated with Italian marble and large amounts of gold imported from Sudan. It also has a small, underground, tunnel-like jail with about four cells where the king kept his prisoners.


Share profile: